Thomas P. Kapfer
Mr. Kapfer is a Managing Partner of RoundTable and joined the Firm in 2016. Mr. Kapfer is responsible for identifying new investment opportunities and overseeing the operational performance of Fund IV, Fund V and Fund VI medical device and consumer health related platforms. Mr. Kapfer serves as the Chairman of the Management Committee of RoundTable. He also serves as Chairman of DDS Lab, Healthcare Components Group, Acumen Health, and Polymedco. Mr. Kapfer also serves on the boards of directors of Designs for Health, Everwell Health, and Ultima Replenisher. Prior to their successful sales, Mr. Kapfer served as Chairman of Advantice Health and Symmetry Surgical and on the boards of directors of Revision Goodier and Deerland.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Kapfer joined RoundTable’s Beaver-Visitec International (“BVI”) platform at its inception as Chief Executive Officer in 2010 and also served on its board of directors. Prior to joining BVI, Mr. Kapfer was President, Category Management for Cardinal Health and has led other medical device businesses and functions for Cardinal Health, Allegiance and Baxter throughout his career.
- Managing Partner, July 2019 - Present
- Senior Operating Partner, RoundTable, August 2016 – June 2019
- Board of Directors, AdvaMed, 2018 – Present
- Chief Executive Officer, Beaver-Visitec International, 2010 – 2016
- President, Category Management, Cardinal, 2009 – 2010
- President, Medical Products and Services, Cardinal, 2008 – 2009
- President, Medical Specialties, Cardinal, 2005 – 2008
- Vice President/General Manager, Gloves, Cardinal, 2004 – 2005
- President, Midwest Region, Cardinal, 2000 – 2004
- Various operations, sales and marketing roles, Allegiance and Baxter, 1986 – 2004
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Economics, University of Iowa, 1986