Phillip S. Smith II
Mr. Smith is a Principal of RoundTable and focuses on the firm’s medical product and medical device investments. He is responsible for the identification, evaluation and execution of new platform investments and portfolio company add-on transactions.
Mr. Smith currently works with RoundTable’s investments in TIDI Products, Symmetry Surgical and SunMed. He was intimately involved with Clinical Innovations, Aqua Pharmaceuticals, CorePharma and Argon Medical Devices, prior to the firm exiting these investments. He joined the firm in 2009 as an associate, re-joined as a Senior Vice President in 2015 and was promoted to Principal in Fund V.
- Principal, RoundTable, July 2019 – Present
- Senior Vice President, RoundTable, September 2015 – June 2019
- Vice President, DW Healthcare Partners, July 2012 – September 2015
- Senior Associate, RoundTable, July 2011 – July 2012
- Associate, RoundTable, July 2009 – July 2011
- Healthcare Investment Banking Analyst, Banc of America Securities, July 2007 – July 2009
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Real Estate from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business, 2007