Thomas P. Kapfer
Senior Operating Partner
Mr. Kapfer joined RoundTable in August 2016 in connection with the launch of Fund IV as a Senior Operating Partner and a member of the Management Committee, responsible for identifying new investment opportunities and overseeing the operational performance of Fund IV medical device related platforms. Mr. Kapfer currently serves as a non-executive Chairman of the Board of Symmetry Surgical and also serves on the board of Revision Skincare/Goodier Cosmetics and Deerland Enzymes and Probiotics. Prior to its sale in August 2016, Mr. Kapfer was Chief Executive Officer of Beaver-Visitec International and also served on its board. Mr. Kapfer has over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Prior to joining BVI, Mr. Kapfer was President, Category Management for Cardinal and has led other medical device businesses for Allegiance and Baxter throughout his career.
- Senior Operating Partner, RoundTable, August 2016 – Present
- Governing Council, Advocate Condell Hospital, 2015 – Present
- Chief Executive Officer, Beaver-Visitec International, 2010 – 2016
- President, Category Management, Cardinal, 2009 – 2010
- President, Medical Products and Services, Cardinal, 2008 – 2009
- President, Medical Specialties, Cardinal, 2005 – 2008
- Vice President/General Manager, Gloves, Cardinal, 2004 – 2005
- President, Midwest Region, Cardinal, 2000 – 2004
- Various operations, sales and marketing roles, Allegiance and Baxter, 1986 – 2004
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Economics, University of Iowa, 1986.