James E. Utts, Jr.
Mr. Utts is an Operating Partner of RoundTable and joined the Firm in August 2006 as an Operating Principal. Mr. Utts focuses on RoundTable’s pharmaceutical related activities, identifying new investment opportunities and working with existing portfolio companies on their respective operating initiatives. He serves on the boards of directors for Revision Skincare/Goodier Cosmetics, Renaissance Pharmaceuticals, Deerland Probiotics & Enzymes, and Santa Cruz Nutritionals. He previously served on the boards of directors for Aqua Pharmaceuticals, Bioniche Pharma, Excelsior Medical and Tower Holdings prior to their sales. Mr. Utts has more than 40 years of domestic and international healthcare industry operating experience. Prior to joining RoundTable, he served as Corporate Vice President of Baxter International and President of Baxter Europe. In this role, he was responsible for Baxter’s Bioscience, Medication Delivery, Renal and Transfusion Therapies business in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Russia and a member of the Baxter International Operating Committee.
- Operating Partner, RoundTable, July 2010 – Present
- Operating Principal, RoundTable, August 2006 – July 2010
- Corporate Vice President, Baxter, July 2004 – August 2006
- President, Baxter Europe, July 2004 – August 2006
- Various senior management positions, Baxter, 1985 – 2004
- Various management positions, American Hospital Supply, 1975 – 1985
- Master’s degree of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Pepperdine University, California, 1985
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, University of Maryland, 1975